Great leaders inspire greatness in others!
Chef / FB Director
Posted May 13, 2020
Basic Function: Responsible for leading and directing the Front office team to ensure superior quality of service to guests and maximizing free cash flow.
- Leads team and provides exceptional service experience to all guests.
- Scheduling proper staff levels to demand in the Bistro
- Actively trains all Bistro staff.
- Ensure all Key Result Areas meet or exceed goals.
- Ensures all cash drops are correct.
- Maximizing revenue from Bistro sales and upselling items where possible.
- Interpret and report on business records and statistical document as directed.
- Champions all Marriott F&B initiatives.
- Assists in handling and resolving all guest issues.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, inspiring team members to meet and exceed service standards.
- Works with other departments as well as team members to plan for all scheduled events, groups and room blocks.
- The employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or move 50 pounds.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Communicate well with guests and staff members.
- Cooking all Meals for Catered Events, Groups, meetings Etc.
- Experience with Food & Beverage inventories
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year leadership & execution in a hotel or similar
- Minimum of 1 year in role of a Head Chef or Chef of groups up to 150.
- Must have working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook; FOSSE experience a plus.
- Micros knowledge a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekend and holidays.
We offer Competitive Pay, Performance Bonus Program, and opportunities for 401K Program, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance and Dental Insurance. As a Marriott team member, hospitality and discount travel programs available.
Applicants with no Significant Cooking and Leadership experience, will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Courtyard by Marriott Ogden
193 Room Hotel