Hyatt Place Anchorage Midtown is looking for an Executive Housekeeping Manager to Join our team.
Executive Housekeeping Manager
Posted November 17, 2020
Hyatt Place Anchorage
Executive Housekeeping Manager
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and evaluate all housekeeping/laundry department daily activities
- Establish and review departmental standards, guidelines and objectives.
- Oversee administrative processes such as departmental staffing, training and budgeting to ensure proper planning and organization.
- Conduct daily walk-through's and quality checks to drive cleanliness, productivity, efficiency, exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact.
- Drive effective communication across the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and clear understanding of objectives and priorities.
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels.
- Intervene, assist and document instances of guest or employee incidents.
- Approve and process vendor invoices and perform other accounting-related functions as necessary.
- Maintain the integrity of the hotel’s compliance with the company’s safety and security programs, particularly for HazMat, Bloodborne Pathogens, SDS and OSHA.
- Ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain and communicate an up-to-date body of knowledge regarding proper use of and maintenance of laundry equipment, chemical usage and care of linens.
- Make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency.
- Work with Chief Engineer in executing projects related to floor care, deep cleaning and routine maintenance of public spaces, guest rooms, back of house areas, pool and grounds.
- Maintain on-going communication with hotel department heads regarding the specific and overall condition of rooms and public spaces.
- Support effective Energy Management programs as directed.
- Anticipate and follow through on guests’ service needs.
- Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by the General Manager.
- A minimum of 3 years’ previous Housekeeping department manager, to include successful management of a medium to large staff and focus on exceptional guest service.
- Previous experience in executing against operating budgets including labor and all housekeeping inventory.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse organizational functions to accomplish common goals.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Work in a constructive manner with all staff.
- Assist in identifying and recruiting new talent, developing a strong team.
- Ensure a safe, positive and happy work environment aligned with the Hyatt Place codes of conduct and core values.
- Ensure that the business is perceived as a respected, and an important member of the community.
- Protect the reputation of the company in a manner that ensures all guests and fellow employees have a positive experience.
- Always acts in a manner that is in keeping with all local, state & governmental codes and law
This is a salary position compensation is dependent on experience.
We offer competitive wages as well as 401K Plan, Medical, Dental and vision.
Will train the right candidate in areas of less experience with the willing to learn.
Hyatt Place Anchorage-Midtown
130 Room Hotel
Discover midtown Anchorage
Hyatt Place Anchorage-Midtown provides a welcomed retreat from a busy day exploring Flattop Mountain and other natural trails. Or flock to must-visit spots like Denali National Park or Chugach State Park.
Many of our rooms include a Cozy Corner with sofa-sleeper so you can get comfortable with plenty of space to unwind after a busy day of hiking or sightseeing. Need more space? Opt for a one-bedroom suite with a separate living area.
Wake up to breakfast served fresh every day. Start your morning with cage-free eggs, steel-cut oatmeal, whole fruit, all-natural bacon and sausage, and more. Get your caffeine fix in the a.m., or sip a cocktail at the bar in the p.m.